Thursday, June 02, 2011

 

Patch.com - Interesting

One of the exciting things to happen in local and small town newspapers is Patch. Patch, AOL’s network of Web-only local newspapers is controlled by Arianna Huffington (The Huffington Post) and is a national network of hyperlocal sites currently covering community life in 800 towns across America.
Patch
says it's mission is to; "To improve the quality of life in underserved communities across the globe through access to trusted local news and information." Well, anyway they have a lot of small town and regional newspapers hooked up with them. Reading these papers give you a great view of America (well at least 18 states - they are still expanding) that is less influenced by large metropolitan newspapers. I have several small town online newspapers, that share my views, "patched' into my email that I glance at each day.

Now I am not an Arianna Huffington fan. That opinion is just based on what I read about her as I have never meant the woman. I read that she is a very controlling person that use her clout to her personal advantage. So now she is controlling what 800 newspapers display and with the 2012 presidential election coming up how bias will these 800 plus newspapers be? She says "Patch pages harbor no ideological or political slant. Which is not to say that we expect them to have no political content." We will see.

Anywho take a look at some of the newspapers In Patch

Comments:
Beware, this woman is a true Left Wing Hack and control freak.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?