Sunday, July 03, 2011

Old Downtown Salisbury

Government officials, business owners, volunteers and others have fought to revitalize Salisbury's downtown area for several years.

I found that statement in a recent edition of the Daily Times. Who are they kidding? They have been pumping money into that hole for 30 to 40 years and they have gotten nothing. When was the last time you were in the business district downtown? I am down to the library once a week but I don't bother to go over to the old business district - there is nothing there except the kind of business that caters to government employees and lawyers. As far as Favors Italian Grille I gave you all my opinion of that dump a while ago, no lost to me with them closing. If Salisbury has a budget problem downtown is an area to cut.

1 comment:

Bill D. said...

I said they should plow it under and plant crops.I remember the ulman theater and alot of good times in salis. but it will never be like it again.