Monday, August 08, 2011

Weeds and More Weeds


Pulling weeds and picking stones

It's hot and pulling weeds in the carcinogenic noon sun just doesn't get it, but it has to be done so with sweat rolling off my face over my eye glasses I continue and it is mindless meditative repetition which is good for the mind.

After all when I get tired of it I can do a WWJD, as there is always something in the bible to justify your actions in this case; Matthew 13:29-30, Jesus says: “Let the weeds stay, because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them.” Sounds like a good reason to take a break and have a beer.

The Garden Song

Chorus: Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow
All you need is a rake and a how and a piece of fertile ground
Inch by inch, row by row, someone bless these seed I sow
Someone warm them from below til the rains come tumbling down


Verse 1: Pulling weeds, picking stones, we are made of dreams and bones
Need a place to call my own for the time is near at hand
Grain for grain, sun and rain, find my way thru nature's chain
Tune my body and my brain to the music of the land

Chorus:


Verse 2: Plant your rows straight and long, temper them with prayer and song
Mother earth will make you strong if you give her love and care
As old crow watching hungrily from his perch in yonder tree
In my garden I'm as free as that feathered thief up there!


Chorus: (Repeat Chorus as needed)

2 comments:

biazzio said...

Howard I am not a organized religion kinda guy but I am going to have to follow that one, just way to funny

Ray Wisniewski said...

You could of waited til the fog burned off LOL