Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fire Marshal Says Fire Was Electrical Malfunction

Picked Up From WGMD
UPDATED STORY 10.20.11: The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office now says an electrical malfunction caused a blaze just after noon Tuesday that destroyed a home under construction on Jewel Street in Delmar.

Firemen from Delmar,Laurel, Gumboro, Sharptown and Mardela Springs were called to the two-story home, which was fully involved about 12:30 p.m.

The home was not occupied and no one was injured. However damage has been estimated at $250,000.

Fire officials now say three adjacent homes were damaged by the flames

1 comment:

Ray Wisniewski said...

Good grief, $250,000 for that skeleton?