Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some Short Comments On Books Read

Over the past three weeks I have read;

The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen - She writes well but this story is along the lines of Dan Brown novels with Demons and unworldly creatures and a few Latin phrases thrown in. In the end most of the good guys live and the bad ones die.

A Six Letter Word For Death by Patricia Moyes - some thing I picked up in a thrift store. The book is from the 1980's about a Scotland Yard detective solving murders with clues from a mystery club writer group. Usually in mysteries when the case is solved you can go back thru the book and pick up on the clues that solved the case but this one I couldn't. Another book where the father doesn't recognize his own son and help kills him off - reminded of the Dan Brown's Lost Symbol.

Anne of Green Gables by J M Montgomery, - Reread, it is just a delightful novel and I enjoy it, so I have read it maybe four times.

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding - another reread, an amusing novel but I will say the movie is better than the book.

The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne - Another reread, I have read this novel maybe three times in my life. I keep thinking as I get older some great knowledge will come my way about this book but it hasn't, it is just a boring book.

So of the randomly selected books read over the past three weeks, Anne Of Green Gables stands out as the best of the bunch.

No comments: