Monday, August 13, 2012

Food Food Food

The last few weeks I think we have ate out more than usual.  My wife's Birthday is about two weeks before mine so between us going out to celebrate and later my daughter's taking us out we have been going to a number of places plus our annual family reunion was this past weekend so we have just been eating and eating.

For my birthday we rode to Chincoteague (actually maybe Wattsville) to eat at Ray's Shanty only to find a line waiting to get in.  Well, if you know me, you are aware I have other things to do with my life then wait in line or wait for service. 


So we rode over to Wright's Seafood.  We have not been to Wright's in ages and I don't know why.  Those who have been to Wright's are aware their heyday was back in the 1980's and 90's,  Certainly the wear and tear on the place shows it, however the food was GREAT.  As good as I remembered and you just can not beat the view of the bay from the dinning room windows.   They do single fried oysters right. 

As I said this weekend was the Miller Hasting Family reunion out at St. George's Church.  More Food.
and to top it off on Sunday we picked up a bushel of crabs and have been picking and eating for the last couple of days.

No comments: