Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Ticks Are Everywhere

For the past couple of days I have been raking leaves, and trash in the yard, bagging it for Cleanup day tomorrow.  I have found several ticks crawling on me and after you have found one it feels like they are just all over you.  It is always a big deal when you go to remove one that has dug in, as everyone in the house is giving you advise.  I just take a tweezers and pull, usually works and beyond a little swelling for a couple of days in the area where the tick was, I have not had any real problem.  They do sell Tick tweezers but I have never tried them.  I also have never had any luck with the alcohol or Vaseline method applied to the tick.  One Email I received from my sister-in-law talked about putting liquid soap to a cotton ball and cover the tick with it for a few seconds (15-20).  Supposedly the tick will back out and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. 

1 comment:

Alyssa Evans said...

Use the method you're sis in law sent you! I began using it last year and got around 5-6 ticks off myself and others that way...couldn't believe it!