Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Shingles and Flu Shot

I gave in to the media biz of getting a shingles Shot and a flu shot last week.  The shingles shot wasn't bad, no side effects  or sore arm.  I was undecided about getting one but watching people with shingles made me decide it might be worthwhile to try it.  The Flu shot however was another story.  My arm is still sore and within a couple of hours of getting it I had a headache, sore throat and runny nose, so yes if you get a flu shot you will come down with the symptoms of a cold for about 24 hours.  In the past I have not gotten a flu shot because you never know what type of influenza viruses will appear that winter.   I understand this one I received guards against influenza A ( H1N1),   influenza A (H3N2) and an influenza B.  Plus I have aways held off getting the shot because I felt that this is part of a government plot to insert a microchip in to you at the time of the vaccination so they can track you.

No comments: