Friday, February 14, 2014

The Garden Diary

They say March is the month that weather changes constantly but I tend to think February is more of a month that the weather changes each year.  I keep a garden dairy/journal of what is blooming in the yard and garden, what I plant, general weather conditions etc.  It is not a diary that has every day entries unless it is in the spring when everything is growing.  I was making some notes in it today about what has emerged from the ground and how cold it was.  I noticed two entries for February 6th; one was in 2008 that mentioned the temperature was in the low 70's, and the other was in 2010 which mentions we had 24 inches of snow on the ground.   Altho February tends to be constant in the year under observation when you look at the conditions from year to year, February is a month that changes greatly.  Spring is coming - time to clean up and sharpen those garden tools.

1 comment:

Randie Hovatter said...

A journal is a cool idea. I just fired up my AeroGarden today. We have over a foot of snow on the ground but I need my fresh basil, parsley and chives.